What size head does an XL bike helmet fit?
- Small size helmets are typically those 53 cm and smaller (6 5/8 hat size)
- Medium size helmets are generally 54-56 cm (6 3/4 hat size)
- Large size helmets are generally 57-60 cm (7 1/4 hat size)
- Extra large helmets are typically those 61 cm and above (7 3/4 hat size and above)
How to Find the Right XL Bike Helmet
Above, we've listed the XL and XXL bicycle helmets that we offer.
How to make an XL bike helmet fit properly
One of the problems many people encounter with an extra large helmet is how it sits on their head. Often, an XL helmet perches on top of your head, leaving the sides relatively unprotected and making you feel that you’re wearing a huge dome on your head. There are a couple of ways to combat this problem:
- Just about every helmet comes with fit pads. Remove the fit pads on the top of the helmet so that it sits a bit lower on your head
- Buy a slightly larger helmet and use the thicker fit pads on the sides to give you a snug fit
- Some bike helmets, particularly those marketed as mountain biking helmets, have additional side protection.
- Depending on what kind of biking you do, consider switching to a skate-style helmet (the trade-off will be a helmet with less ventilation). However, make sure that any helmet you use for biking is CPSC certified.
Shop the best selection of XL bicycle helmets and cycling protective gear at XSportsProtective—The Original Protective Gear Store
No matter your choice of XL bicycle helmet, we stand behind every product we sell and will work together with you to get you the right helmet. Don't be fooled by others who look like us! XSportsProtective has the best selection of top quality XL bicycle helmets in stock from brands you trust. Click to shop our selection of bike helmets and other cycling protective gear, like mountain biking padded shorts, pads, and gloves. Whether you're a road cyclist, mountain biker, or BMX enthusiast, you'll find a great selection of top quality bike protective gear, in stock, ready to be delivered to you quickly and accurately.