What size head does an XL skateboard helmet fit?
- Small size helmets are typically those 53 cm and smaller (6 5/8 hat size)
- Medium size helmets are generally 54-56 cm (6 3/4 hat size)
- Large size helmets are generally 57-60 cm (7 1/4 hat size)
- Extra large skateboard helmets are typically those 61 cm and above (7 3/4 hat size and above)
How to make an XL skate helmet fit properly
One of the problems many people encounter with an extra large helmet is how it sits on their head. Often, an XL sk8 helmet perches on top of your head, leaving the sides relatively unprotected and making you feel that you’re wearing a huge dome on your head. There are a couple of ways to combat this problem:
- Just about every helmet comes with fit pads. Remove the fit pads on the top of the helmet so that it sits a bit lower on your head
- Buy a slightly larger helmet and use the thicker fit pads on the sides to give you a snug fit.
Shop the best selection of XL skateboard helmets and other skateboard protective gear at XSportsProtective — The Original Protective Gear Store
No matter your choice of XL skateboard helmet, we stand behind every product we sell and will work together with you to get you the right skate protection. Don't be fooled by others who look like us! XSportsProtective has the best selection of top quality skate protective gear—in stock—from brands you trust, like Triple Eight, ProTec, 187, and more. Shop our selection of skateboard helmets
and other skate protective gear
, like padded shorts, pads, and wrist guards. No matter if you ride a skateboard, longboard, inline skates, or skate roller derby, you'll find a great selection of top quality skateboard protective gear, in stock, ready to be delivered to you quickly and accurately.
Haven't shopped with us before? Give us a try. XSportsProtective is The Original Protective Gear Store. We’ve been in business since 2005 with over 50,000 customers served. Same day shipping, free economy shipping, and no hassle returns on your extra large skateboard helmet.