Troy Lee Designs - For the world's fastest racers
Troy Lee helmets and other TLD protective gear don’t just look great. They're made to perform, helping to protect you from injury while being comfortable to wear. Troy Lee Designs understands that no matter how cool the gear looks, if it's not comfortable and doesn't do its job, you won't wear it. For example, Troy Lee 5500 elbow guards and Troy Lee 5400 knee pads both use a combination of different fabrics, integrated Lycra, and low-compression zones in a strapless, tapered elastic sleeve with no-slip internal grip zones. Great materials and smart design add up to Troy Lee pads that move with you and keep you safe.
SportsProtective staff picks for TLD protective gear
We couldn't choose between the Troy Lee D3 helmet and the Troy Lee D2 helmet.
- They both offer great-looking protection but at different price points. The Troy Lee D3 helmet provides top-of-the-line full face protection. The technologically advanced carbon fiber shell and titanium hardware make the TLD D3 lightweight, while 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports, including an injection-molded intake system, provide optimal ventilation. The Troy Lee D3 helmet exceeds safety standards as a mountain bike helmet, BMX helmet, and snowboarding helmet. It doesn’t get much better than this. Other great features of the TLD D3:
- Dual Density Shock Pad System
- Carbon-composite shell construction; expanded polystyrene interior
- Exceeds CPSC 1203, CE EN1077, CE EN1078, ASTM F1952, ASTM F 2032, ASTM F2040 bicycle and snow certifications
- 20 high flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Removable, washable mx-style padded liner with CoolMax and Dri-Lex moisture wicking materials
- Size large weighs 1088 grams
- Two fully adjustable, graphic-matching visors
- The Troy Lee D2 helmet provides professional-level protection at a price within range of the recreational rider. The aerospace composite shell makes the TLD D2 an incredibly lightweight and versatile helmet that provides excellent fullface protection across a range of sports. The D2 is approved as a mountain bike helmet, BMX helmet, and snowboard helmet.
- On a hot riding days, you can't beat Troy Lee BP 4600 hot weather padded shorts (although they're pretty good for ski hip pads too). These ultra-lightweight padded shorts feature articulated foam padding on integrated impact zones to protect your hips, thighs, and tailbone. Other great features of Troy Lee 4600 padded shorts:
- Light, four-way stretch material breathes for maximum ventilation in hot weather
- Relaxed-fit design for unrestricted motion
- Articulated foam follows complex body zones to provide ideal impact protection
- Tapered leg holds shorts in proper position without compression
- Cut high enough to avoid interference with knee and leg protection
- Soft, comfortable boxer-style waistband
Troy Lee Designs - More Than Just a Pretty Face
Troy Lee helmets are known for their gorgeous, intricate, mega-cool graphics. But equally important is the company’s quest for thoughtful design that combines functional and aesthetic objectives. In other words, Troy Lee makes helmets that not only look good but are designed to keep you safe and comfortable. The company began in the late 1970s when a teenaged Troy Lee, a racer himself, started making custom-painted helmets in his garage. Troy Lee Designs specializes in making exclusive clothing lines for the fastest racers of the world. The company continuously gathers feedback from top racers and incorporates their needs and desires back into Troy Lee products. Their line of casual clothing includes rally jackets, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, and for men, women, and kids. They have designs catering to bicycle riders, motocross, and MX riders. For MX racers, there is also a wide range of helmets, gloves, pants, jerseys, short and accessories to choose from.