Giro Seam Helmet for Ski and Snowboard
The Seam helmet by Giro may be the perfect all-mountain ski and snowboard helmet. It is highly protective, very well vented, and surprisingly lightweight. As part of Giro's Audio helmet line, the Seam is also equipped with softshell earmuffs designed to accept any of the Giro TuneUps line of hardwired and wireless music systems (sold separately). With the Giro Seam ski and snowboard helmet, you get some of the best head protection available and, if you so desire, you can insert a Giro TuneUps MP3 device and schuss through deep powder under brilliant blue skies, all while enjoying some of your favorite music, be it Led Zeppelin, Lady Gaga, Rostropovich, or John Coltrane.
Giro Seam Ski and Snowboard Helmet Features:
- ASTM F2040 and CE EN1077 Safety Certification for recreational snow sports
- Super Fit Engineering for a perfect fitting helmet for any head size or shape
- Top quality head protection in a super lightweight design
- A tough polycarbonate hardshell injected with the highest quality in-mold EPS foam liner
- Stack Vents developed to line up with the vents on the top of your goggles, draw out and release the fog-inducing moisture that can get trapped behind your lenses
- Twelve vents – 10 adjustable surround vents, and two rear vents to let air flow out
- Giro's Thermostat vent system with one, flush-mounted rubberized slider for easy on-the-fly adjustment of exactly how much air you desire to flow between your helmet and head
- Washable X-Static liners to cushion your head and prevent static electricity build-up
- In Form Fit System with Outrigger arms and a rear adjustment wheel for perfect fit
- Earmuffs constructed specifically to accept any of Giro's TuneUps audio devices (sold separately)
- A rear, snap-closed Goggle Retainer for easy on-off of your goggles
- Subtle, yet stylish design with a low profile front brim that is both attractive and serves a true purpose
- Size Medium weighs 476 grams
What is Super Fit?
Giro's Super Fit engineering process is the foundation of every one of Giro's ski and snowboard helmet designs. Every model is scaled and shaped for its intended wearer using a database of cranial measurements compiled from hundreds of people large and small, young and old, currently skiing the globe. Conceptually speaking, this means that if there is a perfect fitting helmet out there made specifically for you, most likely it is designed and manufactured by Giro.
The in-mold helmet construction that Giro employs for the Seam fuses an exterior hardshell of a tough polycarbonate with a highly impact-absorbing EPS inner foam liner for superior durability without a lot of weight. It's Giro's world-famous in-mold bicycle helmet technology taken to new heights for skiing and snowboarding.
The Best Venting in the Business
The Giro Seam sports a sophisticated Thermostat venting system. In between the Seam's polycarbonate exterior hardshell and its in-mold EPS foam liner is a moving plate that instantly adjusts the amount of air you want to flow through your helmet.
One large rubberized slider sits on top of the Giro Seam. It controls a plate that varies the degree of airflow you want to enter the Seam’s ten vents. There are three positions for the slider to thermostatically control the amount of air you want running through all 10 vents: fully open, half open, and fully closed. Add to this one 'always-open' Stack Vent in the front to keep your goggles from fogging up. The Seam gives you some of the best venting in the business.
Thus, no matter the temperature on the slopes, you can adjust on the fly precisely the amount of air you want to flow through your Seam: fully closed to keep you warm on the coldest days, fully open to keep you cool on the warmest ones, or somewhere in between.
In Form Fit System
You say the large is too large, but the medium is too small. With Giro's In Form Fit System
, you’ll never have to worry about this again. Flexible, but super strong outrigger arms attached to the front of the Seam near your temples run back into a three-pointed catch pad that hugs the nape of your head. The top point is mounted securely into the helmet. The two lateral points receive the front outriggers. In the center of the catch pad is adjustment wheel that allows you to dial in exactly the snugness you desire for the perfect fit of your Giro Seam. Ingenious really. It's like Giro built the Seam ski and snowboard helmet especially for you… Well, maybe they did.
Giro Seam Ski and Snowboarding Helmet--The future is now
The Giro Seam marries the highest quality in-mold head protection with Giro's advanced Thermostat controls. It is a very lightweight ski and snowboard helmet that includes a number of excellent features. If the Giro Omen
is the BMW 7-Series, the Giro Seam may best be likened to the BMW M5, truly a protective performer for you on the slopes.