Giro Sonnet Bicycle Helmet for Women: Who said bike helmets aren't sexy?
An aerodynamic shape, sleek design and sophisticated ladies' graphics contribute to the visual appeal of the Giro Sonnet bike helmet for women. Even the back strap basket is subtly feminine. We found the interior padding to be more plush than some of Giro's pricier bike helmets. Incorporating Giro's higher-end RocLoc 5 fit and Wind Tunnel ventilation systems, (though interior channeling is not as deep or numerous as higher-end Giro bike helmets), the Sonnet bike helmet offers women bike riders a lot of comfort without breaking the bank.
The Giro Sonnet Bicycle Helmet
- Great Value
- Super lightweight, 260 grams for size medium
- Great venting keeps head cool
- In-mold construction, polycarbonate shell, fused to EPS liner
- 25 Wind Tunnel vents, internal channeling, keeps head cool, see below
- Customized fit, Roc Loc 5 fit system adjusts tension, see below
- Fit strap, adjustable; levers lock for easy, tailored fit around your ears
- Straps stay secure: Rubber loop keeps straps secure; back strap basket keeps straps firm against head, accommodates ponytail
- Buckle, slides, clicks when secure
- Padding: 4 plush, removable/washable
- Emergency information sticker included for identification/health information
- Two sizes, small and medium for ladies, adjustable
- Woman specific design, color, strap graphic
- Weight: 260 grams for size medium
- Meets US CPSC safety standards
- Suitable for recreational, mountain, touring, urban/commute, road bike riding
What is Giro's Roc Loc 5 Fit System?
Giro’s Roc Loc 5 Fit System provides weight savings without compromising comfort, stability or adjust-ability. The RocLoc 5 fit system allows you to easily customize the fit tension and fore-aft tilt of your helmet in seconds using just two fingers. The Micro Dial turns clockwise and counterclockwise to loosen or tighten the tension, and each click is audible. The strap basket on the Roc Loc 5 Fit System keeps the straps firmly in place, and can be raised or lowered to adjust the fore-aft tilt of the helmet. Plus, the Roc Loc 5 is nearly 40% lighter than comparable systems. The Giro Sonnet also uses the popular Giro Super Fit
How does the Giro Sonnet ventilation system work?
The Giro Sonnet ventilation system is typical of Giro's higher end bike helmets. The Wind Tunnel vents are not only numerous, but massive. The vents effectively suck cool air from the front of your head. Inside the helmet are strategically placed channels, or grooves in the EPS liner that allow the air to flow over your head. Venting in back of the lid is where the inside, warmer air escapes. The Giro Sonnet bike helmet will keep you cool on hot-weather bike rides.
What's the difference between a Giro ladies bike helmet and a Giro man's bike helmet?
Giro designs their ladies series helmets to appeal visually to women mountain bikers, bmx, road and recreational bike riders and racers. Sophisticated colors and subtle graphics distinguish a Giro woman's bike helmet from a Giro man's bike helmet. There is no size large (59-63 cm) in the Giro women's series bike helmet lineup. Any difference in head size or shape can be adjusted for a precise fit as long as the correct helmet size has been ordered.
The Bottom Line on the Giro Sonnet Bike Helmet
The Giro Sonnet is a great-looking protective bike helmet for women, and the Sonnet won't break your bank.
Giro bicycle helmets: A marriage of fit, form and function.
Giro, based in Scotts Valley, CA, is a worldwide leader in design, development and marketing of premium, high-performance protective gear for action sports and active lifestyles. Since 1985, Giro has been at the vanguard of ski and bike helmet design and innovation, and Giro helmets have become synonymous with protection, style, and performance. With approximately 25 different models in the Giro bike helmet lineup, you are practically guaranteed to find a Giro bike helmet that will fit you perfectly, no matter if you’re a road rider, mountain biker, cyclocrosser, BMX’er, trackie, triathlete, commuter or a recreational bike rider. For more Giro history and products, visit our Giro Helmets and Gear