Level Half Pipe Snowboard Gloves for Men
The Level Half Pipe gloves for men offer a unique combination of price and protection. Offering the same protection as the top-of-the-line Level Super Pipe snowboard gloves, but without some of the Super Pipe's special features and with a less aggressive profile, the Level Half Pipe snowboard glove is ideal for the serious snowboarder who wants the very best in protection and warmth, but who prefers to put his extra cash toward another lift ticket.
The Level Half Pipe Glove for Men Features:
- BioMex Plus dual density snowboard wrist guards for unsurpassed protection from snowboard wrist injury
- Waterproof Gore-tex XCR insulated shell for exceptional durability and breathability
- Removable Polartec fleece liners for tremendous warmth without the weight
- Rubberized Kevlar-reinforced palms and finger tips for sure grip and toughness
- Box-style fingertip construction for good circulation and warmth
- Gauntlet-style over-the-coat fit with cinchable powder cuffs to keep out the snow
- Plush windstopper nose wipe fabric on both thumbs for the obligatory wipe of the nose
- Goggle cleaner on the right index finger to regain your vision in the worst of weather
- Air exchanger system on the back of hands to release moisture
- Adjustable storm leash to keep your gloves attached to you when not in use
Level Half Pipe Snowboard Gloves--What's BioMex and Why Do I Need It?
Level's BioMex wrist protection system is the result of an extensive, ongoing collaboration between snowboarders, the medical community, and engineers. A four-year study conducted by the St. Moritz (Switzerland) Orthopaedic Hospital involving more than 40,000 snowboard hours and more than 2,400 participants showed that snowboarders who wear conventional wrist guards are 4.5 times less likely to suffer wrist injuries over those who don’t wear wrist guards. Level’s BioMex Wrist Protection System reduces the likelihood of a snowboard wrist injury by 7.5 times.
The Biomex wrist guard is flexible, shock reducing, and ergonomically designed. It is made from high-density rubberized plastic with a split "swallow-tail" wrist support that, upon impact, flexes to disperse the blunt force from a fall. And the BioMex wrist guard has a central pivot system at the base of the palm, so that you can position the two-piece guard in whichever way it is most comfortable for you.
All Level gloves and mittens feature BioMex wrist guards and removable (and washable) liners. The 2011-2012 Super Pipe snowboard gloves and Half-Pipe snowboard gloves and snowboard mittens feature dual density guards that offer higher resistance and advanced comfort over the standard BioMex guard. With the 2011-12 gloves, you can easily remove the BioMax insert so you you can wear it without the liner on warmer days. If you want to know more about snowboard wrist injuries and how the Level BioMex system guards against them, check out this quick video from the good folks at Level.
Level Gloves--Innovation and Protection
Level Spa is an Italian manufacturer of snowboard gloves, snowboard mittens, ski gloves, ski mitts, ski poles, and beanies. Level products are born in the Italian Alps and the company is a leader in innovation and style. Level’s unique technology includes the best selling Biomex Wrist
Guard System, proven to significantly reduce the risk of wrist injuries while snowboarding, and Kevlar reinforced finger and palm constructions for exceptional durability. The Bliss line, designed just for women, features “Warmer for Women” technology.With its vast of array of insulations and waterproofing technologies, you can count on Level to keep you warm and dry in even the harshest climates and coldest weather. and all Level products are built to make skiing and riding warmer, dryer, and more comfortable. Level "firsts" include:
- Snowboard specific gloves (1988)
- Removable liner system for snowboard gloves (1988)
- Protection technology for snowboard gloves (1992)
- “Breathable System” to help keep gloves dry (1994)
- Kevlar reinforced construction (1999)
- Backcountry concept: snowboard-ski gloves for mountaineering use (2001)
- Printed silicone palms (2001)
- Reflex stimulator system (Kirax) (2002)
- "Overgloves” as a new market segment (2005)