POC Receptor+ Helmet: Multi-sport, multi-certified.
The POC Receptor+ Helmet is a great choice for extreme sports athletes who want one helmet that will protect on the ski slopes and the bike tracks and trails. Sounds crazy, right? Won't your head sweat while biking and freeze while skiing? POC has done an amazing job designing a multi-sport, multi-certified helmet that keeps you protected and comfortable across various weather conditions and seasons. If you ski, snowboard, skateboard, bike, and/or water-ski, consider the POC Receptor+ (called the "Receptor Plus") open-face helmet.
The POC Receptor+ Helmet
- Multi Sport protection, safety standards
- Ventilation system for varying seasons
- Double shell protection, Kevlar barrier
- EPP liner, multi-impact,
- VDSAP: Ventilated-Double-Shell-Anti-Penetration, impact protection, ventilation. See below
- Aramid penetration barrier, military grade (also called Kevlar), patent pending
- Ventilation, 8 vents, interior plugs removable (one-piece design) for warmer weather
- Ear cups: One set (plastic/padded) snaps in for warm weather/water sports; One set attaches to neck roll, snaps in for cold weather
- Padding: Removable/Velcros; 2 extra sets (5 pieces) includes 1 for size adjustment; dries quickly; odor resistant;
- Chin strap: adjustable, buckles under ear (not chin), quick release, no-pinch padding, attaches to helmet sides
- Goggle clip included
- Travel bag included
- Classic POC graphics, understated, POC stickers included
- Weight: 700 grams for size large
- Safety: meets US CPSC, CE EN 1077-B, EN 1078, EN 1385, ASTM 2040, ASTM 1492 safety standards
- Suitable for skiing, snowboarding, biking, skateboarding and water sports.
What is VDSAP?
The reason the POC Receptor+ qualifies for use across all gravity sports is because it is essentially two helmets in one. Literally, this helmet sports two hardshells, the traditional exterior hardshell found on POCís other wintersports helmets and an interior hardshell lined with POCís patent-pending Aramid ballistic penetration barrier (APB), the very same military-grade APB used in POCís Skull line of helmets. POC designed the Receptor+ this way to create an airflow ventilation system that could be sealed off in winter for warmth or opened up in summer to cool you. Called Ventilated-Double-Shell-Anti-Penetration (VDSAP
), it is this ingenious design that makes the Receptor+ appropriate for use across so many sports at anytime of year. Incredibly, even with this double-hardshell VDSAP system, the Receptor+ remains very lightweight. And of course, it is highly protective.
The Bottom Line on the POC Receptor+ Helmet
The POC Receptor+ Helmet is a tough all-season, all-weather protective helmet that meets multiple safety standards for multiple gravity sports.
POC of Sweden Ė Gorgeous Design, Superior Protection
We canít think of enough superlatives to describe the new line of ski, snowboard and bike helmets from POC of Sweden. POC combines sophisticated engineering with spare Scandinavian styling to produce what are arguably some of the most good-looking, high-tech helmets on the planet. The company has won numerous international design awards. In terms of safety, one award in particular stands out. Volvo, possibly the most safety-conscious company in the world, awarded POC its Grand Prize in the category of Active Safety as part of their prestigious annual Volvo ISPO Sports Design Award competition.