Triple Eight skateboard helmets and Triple 8 pads and padded shorts: Allowing brains, bums, and skates to live in harmony
Let's face it: If you put yourself on a skateboard or on roller skates, chances are you’re going to fall down. If you're skating competitively or learning a new trick, chances are you're going to fall down a lot. Key pieces of skateboard protective gear are a skateboard helmet, wrist guards, and a good pair of skateboard padded shorts. Triple 8 safety gear can help on all fronts with the Brainsaver series of helmets, Triple Eight Wristaver wrist guards
, and padded shorts to protect your hips and tailbone with the Triple 8 Bumsaver padded shorts.
Check out the customer favorite Triple 8 Brainsaver helmet
, which features:
- A soft foam inner liner that rebounds to its original shape after a low-force impact
- Side cut design for a classic skate helmet look
- Meets safety standards for skateboarding, inline skating, roller derby
No helmet can protect you from every hit. As with any helmet, be sure to inspect the interior and exterior for cracks or other damage after any serious impact. If you take a hit hard enough to make you say, "Wow!" please check your helmet.
For hip and tailbone protection, check out the Triple 8 Bumsaver padded shorts
- Contoured, half-inch foam pads designed to protect your hips, thighs, buttocks, and tailbone.
- Lightweight, breathable mesh fabric
- Shock-absorbing EVA foam throughout the hip and tailbone areas
A hard fall on the wrong spot can do more than bruise your ego; it can bruise your tailbone or strain a tendon or ligament. Triple 8 Bumsavers are designed for moderate to aggressive activity, meaning that they’re a fine choice as protective gear for skateboarders, snowboarders, or inline skaters who are doing more advanced riding.
XSports staff picks for Triple 8 protective gear
- Our favorite Triple Eight gear includes the Triple 8 Brainsaver helmet with the rubber finish and sweatsaver liner. The rubberized finish helps keep your skate helmet looking new, as small scratches or rub marks can be "wiped away." Like the classic Triple 8 Brainsaver helmet, the rubberized Brainsaver helmet is multi-impact, plus it includes Triple 8 Sweatsaver terry cloth liner rather than the standard foam liner.
- We’re also partial to the Triple Eight Roller Derby Bumsavers padded shorts, which were specifically designed for derby play. The Triple 8 Bumsaver roller derby padded shorts are eminently customizable, with removable half-inch EVA foam pads, and are low-profile enough to wear under a skirt or shorts.
More About Triple Eight and the Company's Skate Heritage
Triple Eight began in 1995 as a one-man operation in founder Bobby Oppenheim’s New York apartment. Focused on innovation, style, and superior customer service, Triple Eight has since become one of the leading suppliers of action sports protective gear. Triple Eight products include helmets, wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads, hip protectors, shin guards, long board slide gloves and related accessories for skateboarding, snowboarding, in-line skating ("rollerblading"), biking, wakeboarding, roller derby, and scooter. Triple Eight is also the official protective gear supplier for Camp Woodward (leading global action sports camp), Stoked Mentoring (provides skateboard instruction and gear to inner city youth), and SkatePass (provides gear to public school systems throughout the U.S.).