As much as we'd love to sell you more gear, you can make your current stuff last longer if you take care of it properly. Browse through our articles to learn how to best care for safety equipment, and to know when it's time replace it.
This article covers the basics of how to clean your protective gear, but also covers:
- How to clean your helmet
- How to clean your knee pads and elbow pads
- How to clean your body armor
Similar to the above article, but more basic without links or video.
Will last year's helmet protect your head this year? Is this helmet okay to pass on to a younger sibling?
Are your comfy worn-in pads worn out? Don't assume older pads are still protective!
Sometimes you'll just need to buy new gear. Read this article to know if that time is now. Or, to know when to replace sport-specific helmets...
- When to Replace Your Bicycle Helmet
- When to Replace Your Skate Helmet
- When to Replace Your Ski Helmet or Snowboard Helmet